Monday, July 8, 2024

Anime Review: Trapped in a Dating Sim

Trapped in a Dating Sim is one of my favorite anime.  It has one 12 episode season, came out in 2022, and the dub is so good, I got the MC voice actor's autograph.  This is the only dating sim isekai I was able to get my husband to watch with me.  It's special.

Why is it special?  Well, it's because the main character is an anti-hero, and a hilarious one at that.  His obnoxious attitude, even as he's doing the right thing, is priceless.  Also, otome games make me mad, so I really enjoyed him ripping on all the old otome tropes.

I've read some of the manga after watching the anime, and it's not as good.  It doesn't wield the sword of humor quite as well as the anime does.  The premise isn't that great if it takes itself too seriously.  It's the parody and sarcastic edge that makes this anime a gem worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment