Sunday, March 12, 2023

YuruYuri: Happy Go Lily

YuruYuri: Happy Go Lily is a slice of life anime for a group of middle school students at an all female school.  At least, I think it's an all female school, because I don't remember seeing a single boy in the show.  It's based on a manga that's still ongoing, and I've only seen the first 3 seasons, so my review is based on that.

YuruYuri has been one of my go-to anime to watch when I'm feeling down.  Like Lucky Star, it cheers me up when I'm sad.  Season 1 is just about 4 girls in an after school club, being silly, and a little gay.  Oh yeah, major gay undertones in this anime, like a lesbian sledgehammer.  Another reason why I like the show, of course.  It's all incredibly innocent though, not lewd at all.  The girls don't have sexy times, they just crush over each other a lot.  In all 3 seasons, I think there's only one kiss ever.  Most of it is their very active childlike imaginations.  They are middle-schoolers afterall, still children.

There is no dub available for this show, that I'm aware of, it only comes subtitled.

No comments:

Post a Comment